B&G 4G Broadband Radar
Find it In: Fishing and Marine Electronics, Marine Radar., Sailboat Hardware, Sailboat Instruments.,
B&G 4G >Broadband >Radar is the third generation of its >FMCW (Frequency Modulated Continuous Wave) radome revolutionary >Radar technology that eliminates magnetrons and provides crystal clear images of your immediate surroundings.
B&G 4G >Radar brings 50% more range than the second generation 3G >Broadband >Radar and is compatible with all B&G Zeus and Zeus Touch Units. New revolutionary Beam Sharpening technology provides the sharpest possible >Radar images.
Broadband >Radar Guide describes how B&G reinvented >Radar.
- For optimal Target Separation, >Broadband 4G >Radar is the world’s first dome >Radar to use Beam Sharpening, which significantly improves Azimuth Resolution (the effective horizontal Beam Width of the >Radar signal) equivalent to 3.5' open array >Radar.
- Unparalleled short Range target discrimination - even at 1/32nm Range. Docks, Channel markers, moored vessel are displayed with clarity and separation.
- No radiation hazard - radome safe to mount in any location.
- Simultaneous Dual Range from 200' to 36nm & high speed rotation (up top 48rpm). Note Zeus2 only - not available on Zeus Touch
- Minimum Range: 2m.
- Optional Heading Sensor for Radar image plotter overlay (explained).
- RADAR Fast Scan - 50% increase in rotation speed when Range is less than 1nm
- Radar MARPA function (option) - Track up to 10 targets & display alarm CPA/TCPA conditions
- Sidelobe & Local Interference Rejection - improves false target illumination
- Sea & Rain Clutter: 3-5 times less than pulse radar
- Complies with ISAF Offshore special reg 32.9.1.l.ii active >Radar requirement
- Power: 12/24v 20w transmit(typical), 3.3w standby.
- Frequency: X Band 9.3-9.4GHz
- 13.5mm small diameter easy to route Antenna cable.
|Replacement Product (SKU)||RAG270|
|Country of Manufacture||New Zealand|
|Physical Dimensions||280mmH x 485mm dia|
|Radar Antenna||19.2" dia Dome|
|Warm up Time||Instant On|
|Antenna Scanner Rotation Speed||24/36/48rpm|
|Radar Cable Length||10m included (30m Max sold separately))|
|Beam Width Horiz/Vert||2.6° / 25°|
|Radar Antenna Weight||7.4kg|
|Radar IPX Water Rating||IPX6|
|Radar Power Consumption||Transmit: 18W (Typ.) @ 13.8vDC Standby 3.3W(Typ.)|
|Transmit Power||165mW nominal|
|Operating Temperature||-25° to +55°C|
|Dual Range Support||Yes|
|Guard Zone Alarm||Yes|
|Radar Frequency||X Band 9.3 to 9.4GHz|
|Radar Compliance Certification||CE, FCC (ID: RAY3G4G), IC: 4697A-3G4G|
|Radar Overlay Support||Yes|
|Advanced MARPA Tracking||20 Target MARPA dual range(requires heading sensor - sold separately)|
- B&G 4G Broadband Radar
- RI10 Interface Junction Box (RAB901)
- 1.8m yellow Ethernet cable - 5 pin
- 3G scanner connection cable - 20m (RAK920)